Sunday, 15 May 2011

Center Parcs.

I'm back and recovered from my monday-friday break at Center Parcs!
I had an absolutely brilliant time, even if I am more than a little saddle sore, after not riding a bike for about 15 years until last week!!
A good bit of my bike riding was done with a kiddy-car attached to the bike and my three year old nephew Elliott shouthing 'Faster faster Aunty Emma'.


I also indulged in lots of swimming which is always a favourite for me on any holiday, just a shame I didn't get the sunbathing in too!!
Poor Evie suffered a little as she's only recently learnt to ride a bike and she took a couple of tumbles from hers, hence the rathe rather fetching bruise on her chin and the huge monster bruise on her thigh!!



 There was loads of wildlife about...we had ducks waddle across our patio numerous times, a moorhen visited alot, scores of rabbits front and back and squirrels everywhere!!

The only bit of the week that didn't go to plan was the crafty evenings...I was so tired I managed to crochet one square for a big blanket I'm currently working on and thats it!
Anyway I had a brill time and We're already planning a return visit in the autumn hopefully.

  
Em xxxx

7 comments:

Diane said...

We used to go to Centr Parcs a lot before the kids started school and we loved it. Youve made we want to go again. xxxx

Kia said...

I'm sooo jealous, I want ducks on my patio (and a patio)

And Evie works the bruised look :D

Xxxxxxxxx

♥ emma bear forever ♥ said...

We have been a few times to the one at Penrith. It's true :) by the time evening comes round your exhausted and can just about make it to bed!

Glad you had a lovely time and well done to Evie for getting back on that bike xx

Mousy Brown said...

Looks like a great time! Never mind about the crochet at least you have an excuse to do some now....

Jacqueline said...

Dearest sweet em, welcome back! Sounds like a wonderful break and all your photos make me smile! Have a lovely merry happy weekend and love to you!

jacqueline
http://jqlinesocuteithurts.typepad.com/

Annie xx TheFeltFairy said...

Sounds like a brilliant break - hope the bruising fades on Evies chin soon!

Rowan said...

Looks as though you all had a lot of fun. I suspect you'll have had time for some crochet during all the grey wet days over the Bank Holiday weekend:)