Thursday, 10 March 2011

Cookery Bookery

In view of my renewed interest in cookery and my constant quest to find new and interesting ways to liven up my vegan diet, I thought it was about time I started to write down all these recipes in a book rather than on the backs of envelopes or letters home from from school!

So I finally put this little beauty that my girls bought me for christmas 2009...how cute is it!


 Another thing I've done is pull out all my cook books to have a look through them and see what recipes I like the sound of that can be easily veganised, and although I haven't actually looked at any of them yet I did find this...


This was my Grandma's, and whilst flicking through it there are so many recipes I remember from my childhood.
My  Grandma was one of those old ladies who always had a tin full of home baking ready for when you visited...these 'maids of honour' were always a popular choice at her house!


 Also hidden away in the BeRo book I found this recipe for parsnip soup, which was a little bit poignant because its my Grandmas handwriting and she died almost 8 years ago and I still miss her.


 But never the less She has left me with a delicious sounding and simple to make soup which I will try out very soon and report back!

Em xxxx

14 comments:

Kia said...

Parsnip soup is my favourite soup :)
will you make for me when I get back on the 27th??
xxx

Bethany said...

Can you take a picture of a parsnip so that some of us will finally learn what one is?

bekimarie said...

I keep threatening to write all my recipes in one book, would make life so much easier.
Make sure you let us know how the parsnip soup goes and recipe too please ;o)

B xxx

crafty cat corner said...

I love the old cookery books, mainly because they are written in pounds and ounces and this metric stuff gets me in a tangle. lol
Also the recipes are written in a nice straight forward way, easy to read. Am I sounding like a thicky??
I bet the parsnip soup will be delicious, let us know what it's like.
Lastly, I think you are wonderful going the vegan way, it is so difficult, I know, I have tried in the past and always fallen by the wayside.
Briony
x

Jacqueline said...

Dearest sweet em, it is such a wonderful idea to write down all these recipes!! I LOVE LOVE your receipe book! :) I just know your parsnip soup will turn out soo yummie! Have a lovely merry happy weekend and love to you!

jacqueline
http://jqlinesocuteithurts.typepad.com/

♥ emma bear forever ♥ said...

Im looking forward to finding out how the Parsnip soup goes. I loved your tomato, rocket and sweet pepper one, very tasty. Have a lovely weekend Em.
Justine x

Lucy said...

How lovely - you'll definitely have to make some in her honour!

Mousy Brown said...

I love to keep recipes that people give me in the original writing - it is so much more personal and a lovely reminder! Hope you enjoy your soup! :D

Kandi said...

Fabulous, I've always had a bero book it's a total friend.
Kandi x

Concetta said...

Mmmmmm.....yum!

Lady Cherry said...

What a lovely book. I've got a recipe book but its nowhere near as pretty as yours!

Pammy Sue said...

That is so cool that you found a handwritten recipe of your grandmother's!

I saw this recipe today and thought of you. It looks good!

http://www.naturenutnotes.com/2011/03/whole-lotta-bakin-goin-on.html

Karen Roderick said...

I'm glad to hear it's still going well. I hope you are proud of yourself x

Peggy said...

Very intrigued by the parsnip soup, more apple and orange than parsnip! I hope it tastes good though, it sounds hearty! Loving the old cookery books too, so lovely to see that you're keeping them alive too.

Take care,
Peg xx