Tuesday, 8 March 2011

Breakfast With A Twist.

I really didn't fancy my usual yogurt or muesli breakfast this morning and I'm not greatly fond of toast unless I have something spectacular to spread on it, so this morning i made this for myself...

Garlicky Mushrooms and Olives on Toast, (you pile them on rather than spreading them).

   
Heat some olive oil and a pinch of mixed herbs,
lightly fry a small finely chopped red onion and three finely chopped cloves of garlic.
Add some chopped black olives and a good handful of finely chopped mushrroms.
Fry until the mushrooms are just turning golden.


Pile onto hot buttered toast, add salt and pepper to taste.

mmmmmmmmmmmmm 

Em xxxxxxxx

7 comments:

bekimarie said...

My mouth is watering, will be giving this one a go, thanks Em!

B xxx

Jane and Chris said...

Oh Yeeeeeeeeesssss!
Jane x

Annie xx TheFeltFairy said...

oooh yes they look delish! I just fancy some mushrooms - magic prefered!

crafty cat corner said...

Yummy, yummy this looks really nice, not sure if I am that much awake in the mornings to try it though, I usually don't wake up until midday. lol
I so admire you sticking to vegan ways, its not easy.
Briony
x

bibbitybob said...

Oh wow, those look delicious. I love mushrooms and olives and toast...perfect! Although I'd probably be a piggy and grill some cheese on top too :) xx

Lucy said...

Sound yummy, I'm a massive fan of mushrooms! HAve you tried tomatoes and olive oil in toast? They eat it in Spain a lot, it's sooo good! xx

Crafty Sea Muse said...

How delish is that? ... :0)

Shirl x