Sunday, 13 February 2011

Vampires???....Don't Bother.

In my never ending quest to be healthier and of course my new vegan diet I need some yummy snacks that excite me a bit more than chopped up fruit or veg...
So I made my own tapanade....spread it on thin crackers and 'Hey Presto' both delicious and has the added bonus of containing so much garlic that no vampires will come within 10 miles of me!!


If anyone is interested in making some of their own here's what I did.

Chop 1 red onion
Crush about 5 cloves of garlic (more or less depending on taste/ proximity to vampires).
 Add to liquidiser containing 
1 can of chopped tomatoes with some of the juice drained off.
1 medium sized jar of drained and pitted black olives.

Blitz until only slightly lumpy, add salt to taste and spread on whatever you like!

Em xxxx

11 comments:

Taz said...

Could you make it without the olives? I can't stand olives :)

VintageVicki said...

I'll use Taz's share of the olives - I love them.

That sounds rather nice - be handy also to keep vampires away.

bekimarie said...

I'll fight Vicki for Taz's olives, not sure if I want to keep the Vampires away though seeing as I have a real thing for them at the moment ;o)

B xxx

Diane said...

I love Tapenade - Olives are one of my fave things to eat. x

Lucy said...

Sounds delicious! Even at this time of the morning!

Emma said...

Saw your comment on Bekis blog about BH... it's bloody brill isn't it?
I am sure you would mind Mitchell having a little nibble on your neck!

Annie xx TheFeltFairy said...

Happy Valentines Day to My Lovely Bloggy Sweetheart! Love Annie ♥*:•.♥

Jane and Chris said...

Spread on crackers...or just scoff with a spoon! Sounds yummy.
Jane x

Loo xx from Jumbles and Pompoms said...

mmmm, I love tapenade. #And the more olives, the better.

Mousy Brown said...

Mmmmm delicious! Only can you think of a way to attract vampires, I'm with bekimarie and rather have a thing for them at the mo?! :D

Clara said...

Sounds yummy!