Tuesday, 22 February 2011

Nut Roast Anyone?

Someone recently gave me an idea to make a quick and easy vegan nut roast.
I tried it out and improved it to my own taste and its deeeee-licious...


Dry fry a couple of tbsps of each..pine nuts, pumpkin seeds and sesame seeds until toasted.
Fry 2 onions chopped and as much or as little garlic as you like.
Make up one packet of stuffing mix adding a big tsp of marmite and one veg oxo  crushed up.
mix all ingredients together with a packet of ready to eat beluga lentils and a good splash of oil to bind
Season with salt and pepper to tast.
Bake in a loaf tin for about 45 mins at 180C
Crisp top under grill for a few minutes before serving.

We ate ours on a bed of beetroot salad and it was lovely!

Em xxxx

8 comments:

Cheryl said...

I've been looking for a nut roast recipe. This one appeals. Bookmarking it now before I forget. Thanks.

Little Messy Missy said...

Looks fabulous!!!

The Girl said...

Wowza! Even as a confirmed meat eater that's really appealing to me right now!

Maggie said...

Now that's what I call clever, finding a new use for packet stuffing!

Lucy said...

Mmm, sounds lovely!

crafty cat corner said...

Great recipe, I really will try this, its hard to get a really nice nut roast.
Glad to meet another stash collector. I am trying to get rid of some of my yarn and fabric but it is hard.
'I might just need it' keeps going through my mind.
Briony

Annie xx TheFeltFairy said...

ooooh I bloody love nut roast and I soooo love pine nuts! You are doing very well with you life changing food journey!!

Mister D said...

I Like the blog, moving into the shed eh? I like blogs with sheds - thats where I like to disappear too as well !