Thursday, 24 February 2011

Its All About Me, Me, Me!!!

I saw this on Lucy's blog and couldn't resist telling you yet more useless facts about myself!!

1. ARE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
I don't think so, I'm pretty sure my parents just liked the name Emma.

2.  WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
About half an hour ago after watching the film 'Stardust' ,the ending never fails to make me blub.   


3. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
Yes I have three lovely daughters, Kia aged 21, Mica aged 19 and Evangeline aged 8. I'm not a great fan of kids but my girls are the best!



4. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON,WOULD YOU BE A FRIEND OF YOURSELF?
 Of course I would, I'd be so impressed by my taste in books, films and music ...I'd have so much in common with myself!

 5. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
 Yes I'm a sarcastic bugger through and through!


6. WILL YOU EVER TRY BUNGEE JUMPING?
 No thank you, I rather enjoy being alive!!

7. WHAT'S YOUR FAVOURITE CEREAL?
 Until I became vegan I didn't eat cereal because I hate milk, but I find soya milk is bearable so I'm really into museli now especially ones with lots of interesting fruit and lots of nuts in them.


8. WHAT'S THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
 I'd be a liar and I think most other people would be too if they didn't say 'how someone looks/dresses' is what they notice first about a person. But if its a picture of a face I'm usually drawn to the eyes first, theres nothing more attractive than dark,heavily lashed eyes.
 
9. WHAT IS YOUR EYE COLOUR?
 Blue.

10. SCARY MOVIE OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
 Gosh I like both..although I'm constantly disappointed by the lack of scariness in films. A good cry-worthy happy ending is always fun too, but I like films with grim, bleak endings where all you feel at the end is emptiness and despair!

11. FAVOURITE SMELLS?
 Abroad outside at night! lime, bergamot, roses, patchouli and newly sawn wood mmmmm.

12. SUMMER OR WINTER?
 Summer definitely, I love the sunshine. Nothing makes me happier than spending time out in the warm summer sun.


13. COMPUTER OR TELEVISION?
 Computer wins hands down, I love the internet its an amazing resource where I can research anything I'm interested in, buy things, look how to make things, play games, make friends etc etc 


14. WHAT'S THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME?
 The Dominican Republic in January 2008. We had a nightmare flight on the way there, as we went in to land there was a storm blowing up around the airport and the pilot pulled out of the landing twice at the last possible second. We circled the airport very bumpily for an hour and a half before finally landing.
There were lots of very very upset and scared people on board the flight, one of them was my partner Scott, he was not at all interested when I had my 'Lost epiphany' where I thought I'd sussed out the ending of Lost (incidentally I was wrong).
Our holiday was great but it sort of put Scott off long haul flights.






15. DO YOU HAVE ANY SPECIAL TALENTS?
 I dont know...what is classed as a special talent? I could talk crap for Britain and my amazing armchair organising is legendary in my family!!


16. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
 Shipley in West Yorkshire.


17. WHAT ARE YOUR HOBBIES?
 Crochet, photography, reading, World of Warcraft, sewing, cooking, drawing, travelling.


18. DO YOU HAVE ANY PETS?
 Yes a dopey black cat called CoCo, she's a bit dim-witted but she's the most loving friendly cat ever and she's gorgeous and smells lovely too.
We have sea monkeys too...does that count?



19. FAVOURITE MOVIE?
 Requiem For A Dream...the last 30 minutes of this film are meant to be amongst the most harrowing cinematic 30 minutes ever!
Its a truly brilliant film and deserves all the recognition it gets.
I also love 'Stand By Me' but that makes me cry more than any other film ever, even just chatting about it brings tears to my eyes.





20. DO YOU HAVE ANY SIBLINGS?
 Yes I am the oldest of five, theres Marc, Jody, Ruby and Hermione all under their big sisters rule!!


21. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP?
 An explorer or an archaeologist.



I'm not tagging anyone, if you want to do this quiz I'll come along to your blog and have a nosy afterwards!!


Em xxxx

7 comments:

Kandi said...

Fab, I love these posts! I have to get me one of those Sarcastic T Shirts, no honestly I want one that was not sarcasm :)
I adore Stardust and cry too.
Kandi x

Maggie said...

I simply had to comment... not on the facts about you we didn't know, but... I saw you were born in Shipley and my family lived there, I was born in Manningham. Rather a long time before you, but I knew you were Yorkshire born and bred and proud of it too, like me, but had no idea so close to where I came from. My favourite uncle lived on Hall Royd I think it was called, No 1. Back in the 50s. Funny how some things stick in your mind... I can see this house now, three stories tall, steps up to the front door, long hall and my cousin Michael casually sitting on the stairs to greet us, eating baked beans cold, from the tin.
I also recall it seemed very drab after living in a small, bright coastal fishing town in Lancashire, which was where I was taken, aged five.... no say in the matter.
greetings from a fellow Yorkshirewoman.

Lucy said...

Your girls look fab, what a lovely family :)

Didn't know that about the last 30 mins of RFAD being 'officially' the most harrowing in cinema but they certainly are. Don't do drugs kids!

Diane said...

I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. xxx

Clara said...

Well Em, Coco is sweet, you daughters are adorable and I think you are showing us a look of sarcasm in your photo. You have that look that is saying so much...love it. Wow, your hair is gorgeous. Your profile hair looks shorter. Do you still have it that length? Great t-shirt!

crafty cat corner said...

Can I just say that your blog is a breath of fresh air, so up and cheerful, thanks.
Will be a regular visitor.
Briony
x

janis said...

I can't believe how much I just learned about you!
1st~ you cant have kids these ages! what were you 4 when Kia was born??? I somehow thought YOU were around 25-30.
2nd~ Bungee jumping~ I figured you a yes on that one.
3rd~ of course Sea Monkeys count! do they have names? I wanna see a picture♥
I wanna play, although I will be a bit boring.
Love YOU Emma♥