Saturday, 18 December 2010

20 Christmas Questions.

I saw this over at Little Tin Bird and couldnt resist having a go myself.

1.WRAPPING PAPER OR GIFT BAGS?...Its always wrapping paper but if I was super organised it would be gift bags!
I hate wrapping and try to get Scott or the girls to do as much as possible for me.
I buy thise huge 10 metre rolls from Asda and have one design each for my 3 children so that i dont have to write endless gift tags as well!!
 2.REAL TREE OR ARTIFICIAL?...Artificial for my house thank you. It just seems so sad that so many trees lose their lives to decorate houses when you can get perfectly replicas. Oh yes I hate the needles falling everywhere too.

 3.WHEN DO YOU PUT UP THE TREE?...Usually some time around mid-december, although I was a little later than usual this year because I was unwell last week and couldn't start shift furniture around to fit the big tree in (I was in serious jepordy of becoming the worst mother ever last year after having 2 small trees instead of our usual big one).

 4.WHEN DO YOU TAKE THE TREE DOWN?...As soon as it starts to annoy me, if We're having a party for New Year at our house I'll take it down beforehand but leave everything else up, if not usuall sometime during the first week of January.


 5.FAVOURITE GIFT RECIEVED AS A CHILD?...That would have to be my bike when I was 9 years old. I got a bike and my brother got a really snazzy go-cart, we went out to play on them as soon as we could after opening our presents and everyday afterwards, but on new years eve we had really heavy snow that lasted until April (We lived in Germany at the time) so We didn't get out to play on them as much until springtime. 


6.HARDEST PERSON TO BUY FOR?...No one,if I'm stuck what to buy someone I just get them a gift voucher for an appropriate shop...simples!

 7.EASIEST PERSON TO BUY FOR?...As above everyone is easy for me! But I do enjoy buying presents for children mostly, I just love looking around toy shops choosing games,puzzles, books etc


8.MAIL OR EMAIL CHRISTMAS CARDS...I send very few christmas cards as I think its a terrible waste of resources when I can easily say 'Merry Christmas' on Facebook or in an email, but there are some people who We always send cards to, its just a case of me remembering to post them!!


 9.FAVOURITE CHRISTMAS MOVIE...It has to be 'The Snowman' it makes me cry without fail every single year. Also christmas wouldn't be christmas for me if I didn't get to see the 'Father Ted' christmas special...classic comedy!!


10.WHEN DO YOU START SHOPPING FOR CHRISTMAS?...I'm always without fail on the last minute at christmas, this year though more so than ever due to extreme skintness!!
So I still have the majority of my shopping to do, but I'm hoping that will be tomorrows task.
 11.HAVE YOU EVER RECYCLED A CHRISTMAS PRESENT?...Myself, Kia and Mica tend to keep hold of unwanted gifts until one of us has a birthday present emergency, so yes I have recycled.


12.FAVOURITE THING TO EAT AT CHRISTMAS?...Ha where do I start?
I love the great selection of cheeses everyone seems to have in their fridge at christmas. I love the middles of 'Terry's Chocolate Oranges', I love bread sauce, blue quality street and those party mix packs of pretzels!

 13.LIGHTS ON THE TREE-COLOURED OR CLEAR?...We have a mixture of blue and clear this year...I just love lots and lots of lights, more is most definitely more as far as I'm concerned. 
 
 14.FAVOURITE CHRISTMAS SONG?...I love them all but my all time favourites wuold have to be...
1.'Fairy Tale of New York' by The Pogues and Kirsty McColl.
2.'A Spaceman Came Travelling' by Chris De Burgh.
3.'The Power of Love' by Frankie Goes To Hollywood

 15.TRAVEL AT CHRISTMAS OR STAY AT HOME?...Scott works right up until the afternoon of Christmas eve so even if We did want to go away it wouldn't really be practical. Luckily most of our family live nearby so We all get together at some point over christmas.
When I'm very rich though I'm going somewhere hot and sunny for christmas!!


16.ANGEL,STAR OR RIBBON ON TOP OF TREE?...We have a lovely jewelled star this year, bought for us by our middle daughter Mica.


17.OPEN THE PRESENTS CHRISTMAS EVE OR MORNING?...What Christmas eve!!! no chance although as a child I'd have jumped at the chance to get my hands on my pressies early!
Stockings opened when everyone gets up then presents after breakfast.


18.MOST ANNOYING THING ABOUT THIS TIME OF YEAR?...People who cant resist the urge to buy buy buy!!!
Even as a non religious person it annoys me that christmas has lost a lot of meaning for a lot of people.
To me christmas is all about family and enjoying one anothers company.


 19.WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR CHRISTMAS THIS YEAR?...Nothing really, I tend to get things if and when I want them throughout the year. 


 20.TRADITIONAL COLOURS (RED AND GREEN) OR OTHER COLOURS?...We have lots of new decorations this year and they are mostly in jewel shades of turquoise,purple and bright pink, but theres some silver and blue and green in the mix too.A lot of our old decorations got damaged in the shed this year so We've had to buy new ones.


I know I know I'm a bit of a christmas misery...its become a standing joke in our family!
I do enjoy it, I just hate the whole fuss and frenzy that goes with it.

Have a go and post your 20 answers and please link back to mine.

Em xxx

8 comments:

Diane said...

I only use bags if I have any that presents have been given to me in! My book arrived from Amazon this morning (Victorian Children of the Dark) so many thanks for pointing me in this direction. xxxxx

Cheryl said...

I didn't think you sounded like a Christmas misery. Love your list. I'm trying hard to make fabric bags. I miss the crinkle though so I do tie them up with raffia or that really crinkly ribbon. I hate the pile of crumpled up paper.

I've still got lots of presents to sort out. I don't see the rest of the family until after Christmas, which gives me more time! (I hope)

Bethany said...

Fairy Tale of New York--LOVE that song!!!!!!!

Annie xx TheFeltFairy said...

loved this thanks, i have done it too!

Heather said...

You don't sound like a Christmas misery :-)
I'm glad you enjoyed doing the list - I love reading everyone else's, it's definitely cheered me up.
Love Heather xxx

Maggie said...

Well, I already did my post on the Christmas Q&A's a few days ago, but it was fun to read your answers!
Merry Christmas to you and yours and all the best for 2011

Jacqueline said...

Dearest sweet em, i really enjoy reading this so much!! Wishing you JOY and LOVE for a wonderful Christmas my sweet friend..thank you for all the blessings you have given me this year! Love to you!

jacqueline
http://jqlinesocuteithurts.typepad.com/

Kelly said...

Such a fun post! I love to find out more about blogging friends! I wish I had had time to blog before Christmas, I would have joined in the fun!
Hope you had a lovely Christmas and wish you a fantastic New Year!!