Thursday, 18 November 2010

Quiet and Cold.

Brrrr its chilly this week isn't it and I've just heard that the North and East of the country might be getting some snow next week! YUCK!!!
It looks pretty for about an hour, its fun to play in for about 20 minutes and thats it..I hate the cold wet white stuff after that!
So my week so far has been mostly uneventful, I've crocheted a lot but can't post pictures as its christmas present crochet and I've watched loads of TV...I am a bit of reality show addict and I V+ loads of them at night and catch up on them during the day...although I'm not liking this new ' Celebrity Coach Trip' Taz did warn me it was dire and she was right it is.
Our 'Stitch and Bitch' was more bitch than stitch this week as we all had a lot to gossip about!!
Definitely not alot of stitching going on here!!
Tonight there was a loud knock on our front door and a lovely delivery driver handed me a big box....when I opened it up it was full of beautifully wrapped presents all for MEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
YAY it was my advent swap parcel from Lovely Lynda . I have had to tape the box back up and hide it as Evie was far too interested in the contents and told me that she knows for sure that one of the parcels contains hand sanitizing gel?????

I'm dreaming of a 'germ free' christmas apparently.
 Enjoy the rest of the week and wrap up warm!
Em xxx
 

16 comments:

winnibriggs said...

I know what you mean about the cold, bloomin freezing here today! I like the snow on Christmas cards...and perhaps Christmas day but thats it.
Your parcel looks amazing. you'll have great fun opening them...even if they do hold sanitizing gel!!

LaaLaa said...

I'm so glad it srrived safely! Only 12 days to wait now! xxxx

Jane and Chris said...

OK! Me and hubby call snow "white SH&T". It snows here from anytime in Nov through to April.Five months of plowing (Canadian spelling), shovelling,and slipping....trust me I'm over snow before it falls!
Jane x

Taz said...

Oh joy the white stuff season is upon us again. I like snow when I'm inside, don't have to go anywhere and my heating is working. :)
Yep I did warn you!! LOL

Bethany said...

It's been warm and rainy here--doesn't feel at all like November. I would love some chilly weather right now.

agypsyangel said...

Looks like you received alot of goodies. Too bad we cant see your crochet I love to crochet. Hope that you have a very happy weekend and thank you so much for visiting my blog. Hugs, Kim

Diane said...

Can't wait to see whats in your parcel. I heard about the snow too. xxxx

Jill said...

oooooo - look at all those little pressies. I bet you can't wait to start opening them. How exciting :0)

Annie xx TheFeltFairy said...

Oh not snow!!!

I posted my advent swap off yesterday, what a relief! I always worry until my swaps are posted!

Keep well xxx

Kandi said...

Where is the snow coming ~ oh the North East you say, where I live :(
It has been known to snow in June up here.
I'm excited to see all these advent swap presents being opened, be sure to share pics of your hand sanitising gel - kids eh?
Kandi x

Clara said...

Lots of fun stuff happening this time of year. Looks like you have a really good start!

Sue said...

Cold and foggy here, horrible. The advent swap looks interesting, it will be great fun opening the pressies. Do you think you will be able to stick to one a day!

The Girl said...

Oh my god look at all those presents!!! I'm impressed at your willpower, I don't think I could have held off opening them!

Maggie said...

Well, here in Norfolk we have been warned to expect 'significant accumulations' of the white stuff. Hurrah... bet it won't stay around for my 60th in a couple of weeks though. And no doubt these dire forecasts will have everyone rushing to stock up on staples (that's staples as in food, of course!) in case the huge lorries can't get through to the huge supermarkets on the edge of the nearest town. Or even into the small supermarket in our village as we are often left without any gritting, and then with overhead power cables there's the chance you might lose power... ain't life grand! You'll have to excuse me whilst I go dig out the thermals, candles, hot water bottles, bag of coal kept for emergencies, tins of bully beef and baked beans...

wonderwoman said...

wow what a lot of lovely parcels - how exciting. Its getting colder here too and by the end of the week its supposed to be -5! eeek!

Loo xx from Jumbles and Pompoms said...

Hi Em know what you mean about snow - I'm not a fan and I hate it when it hangs around for days and the streets round our way turn into ice rinks - grrrrr. Anyway I'll stop moaning now! I've really enjoyed reading your blog - I'll be back! (I promise not to moan next time I post a comment!)