Thursday, 21 October 2010

Home Again...and its So Cold!

Hello Blogland I'm back after my jaunt abroad with photos galore and tales to tell...
Our week in Tunisia was too short by far, We never have enough time to do all that We want to do when we go there but We packed a good bit in this time with visits to Sousse, Sahline, Monastir, Kairouan, El Jem and Ksour Essaf.
We arrived late morning so there was plenty of time after a quick lunch to lounge in the sun and swim in the pool (which Evie was very excited about)...BUT, I realised I'd forgotten to pack any swimwear for my poor girl!!!
She made do with a T-shirt and her knickers on the sunday and on the monday We went to Sousse in search of swimwear!!


I've noticed on each of my visits to Tunisia that there are always plenty of cats hanging about the hotels and the shady spots of town centres!
These two cuties lounged in the sun outside our hotel on most mornings.



Carpets,throws,rugs,silks and linens are all big business in Tunisia and We got the oppurtunity to see some weavers at work in Sahline and in Kairouan.



                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
 After I spotted the weavers I spotted this lovely lot!!


Then a walk through the Medina and I couldn't resist this stall...I bought vast amounts of wool for very little money!



I'll pop back tomorrow and post some more pictures.
Em xxx

6 comments:

LaaLaa said...

I'm glad you had a great time, Em. Oooh, that wool looks yummy! I don't think I could have resisted either. Lynda xxx

Green thumb said...

Welcome back Em!
At least you did some very interesting!
Us(Italians), when we go to Tunisia, we just lie in the sun like lizards!
I hope you got my thank you e-mail for your lovely parcel
xxx

Diane said...

I can feel the warmth!!! Cant wait to see the rest of your photos. xxx

Sue said...

Glad you had a good time. Look forward to seeing the rest of your photos.
Suex

wonderwoman said...

sounds like an amazing place, and all that wool - heaven!!!


x

Clara said...

Glad you had a fun and interesting trip. It's always good to get home.