Monday, 4 October 2010

Back Again...


 Hello last time I was here for any length of time was ages ago!!
I've had no proper internet service since 28th Sept just a few minutes here and there.
But after lots of pleading phone calls to Virgin Media I finally got an engineer out this afternoon to tell me the problem wasn't what they'd said but something totally unrelated.
Anyways its all fixed now I hope and I can get a few blog posts in before I head off to sunnier climes for a week on Sunday.
So in the past however long I've done lots...





Two Monday morning Stitch 'n' Bitch sessions....
Evie joined us this morning because she had an inset day at school.




Three lovely notebooks...the CK ones for Kia and Mica because they keep trying to steal mine! and the old Ladybird book style one is mine...



This is written on the label of the Ladybird notebook.
If your formative years meant...
School dinners were liver and onions 
rather than Turkey Twizzlers.

A Blackberry was something you picked
in a country lane and not something you
spent your weekend ignoring.

MySpace was a den in your back garden
built with bed sheets and runner bean canes.

Noah,Isaac and Joshua were characters from
the bible rather than kids in your class.

Wheelies were what you did on your bike 
in the park and not what you wore on your
feet for the the weekly shop.

And if you wanted to be an astronaut, train
driver,footballer or anything other than a 
CELEBRITY when you grew up

          CONGRATULATIONS
you are a product of the Ladybird generation.

And what can I say?
I most certainly am and I could not resist this lil' book!!


I've crocheted a fair bit too and found the time to get Kia's cushion completely finished for her to take back to Aberdeen tomorrow.


Em xxxx






11 comments:

jacqueline said...

Dearest sweet Emma, welcome back and so happy that your net is finally fixed! Your stitch n bitch session looks soo fun and how lovely that your little Evie joined too! I love your notebooks and that crocheted pillow is awesome! Have a lovely merry happy week and love to you!

Tracy Suzanne said...

Hi Em. Wow it's been forever since I got to hop over and visit. I hope all is well on your side of the world. I definitely am a product of the Ladybird generation. Gosh, I'm the old gal now. How did that happen, pretty soon my grand kids and I won't even have a clue what we're talking about to each other. BTW ~ my Granddaughter who will be 8 on the 21st is named Ki'a. Small world.

Hugs...Tracy :)

Green thumb said...

Hi Emma!
I had a giggle when I read the label of the Ladybird notebook, so true!
Your swap parcel is ready to be sent, but since it will take a week to reach you, I prefer to post it while you're away, I hope you agree!
Michela x

Jill said...

Hi Em. Fingers crossed your internet connection is all sorted out now.

I'm a product of the Ladybird generation too - and VERY proud of this fact :0)

Kia's crocheted cushion is beautiful - well done :0)

xx

The Girl said...

Hurray!! Amazing cushion. I'll need to pick your brains about cushion construction at some point because I want to make one but have no idea how to go about it!

Lucy said...

Ah love the Ladybird notebook and I think I just about fit into that generation!

Annie xx TheFeltFairy said...

Welcome back honey! Loving the cushion - wish I could crochet!

Enjoyed the ladybird post!

Diane said...

Yay your back!! My kids used to call them "insect" days! xxxx

Clara said...

Great post.

Kia said...

Hi Mummy!!
Thank you again for my lovey cushion!! It makes my other wise bland room awesome!!
Miss you!!!
Xxxxxxxxxxx

cheryl said...

Oh I had to laugh at the ladybird piece. I am most definitely part of the ladybird generation.

Hope you have a lovely holiday.