Saturday, 25 September 2010

Hearts and Squares and A Gift In The Post.


 Due to a few internet connection issues I was unable to post last night when I wanted to.
I recieved my PIF gift from Jenny  and isn't it gorgeous, I am dying to go to Stitch 'n' Bitch on monday and show off my goodies!!!





And the bag is magic ...its reversable so now I have the stress of deciding whether I want ease of pockets on the outside or beautiful floral on the outside!!
I'm going to keep the little tape measure hidden in my crochet basket because usually any tape measure I buy goes missing, god knows what my daughters need them for but they borrow them and never return them.
They're probably in the secret hiding place that scissors and tea spoons go to too!


I've spent a good bit of this weekend so far crocheting these delicious little squares for Kias cushion cover and as she's headed back to university very soon I need to get it finished.




I just can't resist arranging them in colour order they look so lovely like that,I was the same as a child with my crayons and pens.
I'm not sure what order I'm going to sew them together in yet though, because I don't think all ordered like I have them will work...so perhaps just random order.
Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.
Em xxx

18 comments:

Clara said...

Thanks Em,
I've just visited your blog and am now a follower!
Can't wait to see your cushion. I just love hearts
on anything. She can hug it and think of you instantly..very special.

Kate said...

Wow! They do look gorgeous all lined up like that.
I love Clara's idea that she can hug it and think of you, perfect.
I hope you are having a lovely weekend.

Diane said...

The squares look fab! Your prize is perfect. xxx

VintageVicki said...

You have been busy - look forward to seeing the finished cushion :)

LaaLaa said...

Lovely bag Em! I love the squares, great colours. Can't wait to see the finished article. I'm sure Kia will love it. xxx

Annie xx TheFeltFairy said...

The squares and hearts look gorgeous all lined up together ~ like sweeties!

Love the pif! gorgeous!

ps, when you find the place where teaspoons & all go, i have a list of missing items that may well have found their way there too! lol!

Bethany said...

I love things lined up by color like that!
Also, I have a spot where I put everything to...I always say "I'm putting it here so I won't forget." When I move I'm going to have a field day of forgotten surprises!

Anonymous said...

E 'vero! Ottima idea, condivido.
Condivido pienamente il suo punto di vista. Si tratta di qualcosa di diverso e l'idea di mantenere.

frayedattheedge said...

I've just found you via Mouseybrown. I've had fun reading through some of your older posts (my Dad would have been 91 today, but died of MRSA, caught in hospital, four and a half years ago) Everytime I see someone with a crochet project, I think I really must improve my crochet skills....... I too go to a knitting group, but as ours was started by someone polite, ours is called 'knit and natter'!!

Regards Anne

winnibriggs said...

So glad you liked the bag Em, I really enjoyed making it.
Love the colours in your crochet, they will make the cushion extra special, and the hearts are a great addition.
Jenny x

Kia said...

Thanks for the cushion momma, really looking forward to it!!
:D :D :D
Looks really awesome!!
Love you!!!
Xxxxxxxxxx

Cheryl said...

I love all the colours. You're putting me to shame. My granny square blanket would hardly cover a knee at the moment, let alone a granny!

Emma said...

Oh lucky you, Jenny does makes some lovely things...x

Mika said...

Great stuff around here! Back soon. Mika (www.mikascrap.typepad.com)

Taz said...

Hey hon, am just away to post all the lovely goodies that I got from you - sorry it's taken me this long to get my rear end into action.

Tell your daughter to be sure to pack lots of jumpers, winter is definately kicking in up here. :(

That gorgeous cushion should keep her nice and cosy though. ;) xx

Kelly said...

How lucky, what a great PIF!
Your crochet looks fab, can't wait to see the finished article!!

Annie xx TheFeltFairy said...

Thanks for the comment. Are you a sizzixer too Em?

jacqueline said...

Dearest em, these are gorgeous items! Your bag and those crocheting squares are lovely! Have a lovely merry happy weekend and love to yoU!