Tuesday, 10 August 2010

Wedding Bells...Rang On Saturday For Ruby and Daz.

As most of you will know my little sister Ruby got married on Saturday, after months and months of planning and making it finally happened this weekend.
It was brilliant, it was agreed by almost everyone there the best wedding ever!
There was so much that could have gone wrong on the day...but thankfully it didn't, the marquee company delivered the wrong size of marquee and got very stroppy when my Brother-in-law to be complained, the guy who was renting the field to them for the marquee changed his mind at the very last minute...but my sister Jody talked him around and no one could light the gas for the hog roast...they managed eventually and it was delicious!
Ruby looked beautiful, the bridesmaids all looked lovely,Daz, the groomsmen and my brother (who was giving Ruby away) all looked impeccably groomed and handsome ...infact everyone looked brilliant, I was so proud of my girls, Scott my lovely fiancee, my Mum and all my sisters.
The service was lovely...some of the littlest children added a few sound effects but it only added to the family feel of the event.
We carried on to the local village hall for afternoon tea, the theme was vintage/shabby chic, all mis-matched china tea cups and saucers! The food was yummy and served with tea, champagne or Pimm's or in some cases all three!!
We continued in the evening in a huge marquee with a dance floor, lots of wine, beer and more champagne and the delish hog roast.
Evie managed to rip holes all over the front of her pretty bridesmaids dress and lose the flower decoration from the front of it...I was told it happened during some serious wrestling with her cousin Daniel!
As always at our family gatherings we had the traditional very loud  sing-a-long to 'Bohemian Rhapsody'.
I gave up and went home at about 1.30am...leaving my two eldest daughters there, Kia was sat chatting to people, Mica was in a group that included my brother who were taking it in turns to climb into the chest freezer that had been used to keep the drinks cool!
Anyways I'll leave you with a selection of photos from the day...

The flowers.  


Pre-wedding nerves or an early celebratory drink? 
Evie and Daniel.

Arriving at The Church.


The Newly-weds


Everyone!!
Mica working the 'Farmer Chic' look.
Evie and Dan get some serious discussion time in!

On a slightly different note now, my giveaway should have ended yesterday but as I've been so incredibly busy with wedding-y stuff I've not really got myself organised for it so I'm keeping it open until midnight sunday 15th August and I'll draw it on Monday 16th.

Friendship Giveaway. Clicky for more details and sign up if you haven't already.
Thats all for now.
Em xxx

7 comments:

Valula Hedgehog said...

Hey Em, my nerves were frayed just reading about the marque and the field... Soooo glad it all worked out in the end and that you all had a fab time!

Emma

Louise said...

I'm glad you all had a great day!
Congratulations to the newly weds!

The Girl said...

It all sounds so lovely and romantic! Good job on keeping your heads - as if the guy tried to change his mind about the field, what an idiot!!

Kandi said...

Oh wow, that looks like a wonderful day, the bride and groom look so contented and relaxed, your sister looked amazing!
Kandi x

Sue said...

I'm glad everything worked out well in the end. Love the first picture of Evie and Daniel!

Amanda said...

I'm so glad that you all had a good day. Lots of love, Amanda xxx

Carrie said...

Hi Em, it's so nice to be back in blogland, I'm really enjoying catching up with everything I've missed. Big congratulations to your sister! Looks like it was an amazing day, everyone looks like they're having a great time!
It was nice to hear from you after being away for so long!
Carrie xx