Sunday, 29 August 2010

Bookworm Weekly.

Its been over a week since I last blogged and to be honest my main activity since then has been reading, I always have a couple of books on the go but tend to spend more time crafting and crocheting and listening to either podcasts or audiobooks.
But as I've ordered myself a Kindle from Amazon I thought I'd get through all the books on my 'To Be Read' pile....so this past week I've read

 






Mostly at home but also on two trips to here and back.


Evie went to stay with her Scottish grandparents for a week.
Infact its been brilliantly quiet here at home, what with Evie in Scotland and Mica here



Me,Scott,Kia and Coco don't really make much noise!
I am incredibly jealous of Mica being at Leeds Festival though I've been every year since 2003 except last year as I was on holiday and this year as We just couldn't afford the tickets when they went on sale in the spring...hopefully next year though.
Hope everyone has a great bank holiday tomorrow.
Em xx

12 comments:

LaaLaa said...

I'm glad you're enjoying your piece, Em. You've been doing a lot of reading! I must get some more reading done! I've never read any Phillipa Gregory. Do you recommend her books? Have a lovely day tomorrow. xxx

Valula Hedgehog said...

Sounds like a fantastic week. The only thing I don't like about crocheting is that I can't read at the same time.

Enjoy the bank holiday!!

bekimarie said...

Need some more info on these books please.
I know they say you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover but I'm afraid I do!
Enjoy your peace!

B xxx

Twig and Toadstool said...

I like what you're reading! I LOVE reading historical fiction, and the Tudors...oh my...I'll be checking that one out for sure!
xo maureen

Kandi said...

Hi Em, thanks for your comment, yes it's the current issue I think I bought it about a week ago from the newsagents. Enjoy your Bank Holiday Monday!
Kandi x

Maggie said...

As you are a fan of Philippa Gregory, have you read the two she wrote about the plantsman, John Tradescant and the Junior JT as well? Or 'The Little House', listed as a 'psychological chiller'? I have read this so many times and am delighted that it has been made into an ITV Drama for the autumn. All recommended if you haven't tried them.

Sue said...

You've been doing a lot of reading, I find I'm too tired these days to do much. I really must get back into the habit.

wonderwoman said...

have never read any of Phillipa Gregory's books but i always have a book on the go - one of the best this summer was Major Pettigrew's last stand - its funny and very poignant.

x

Diane said...

Ive never read any Phillipa Gregory - i'll have to look out for her books. xx PS - I can follow you now.

Taz said...

I'm a huge bookworm I've read 90 books this year so far :)

Thank you sooooo much for my gifts. I can't tell you how much it meant sat in my bed opening them all, feeling like it was my birthday. (((((hugs))))))
I will be posting a suitably lovely post about them ;)

michelle said...

Its nice to do something different for a change Em:)

Enjoy it!!
love
Michelle x

agypsyangel said...

Sounds like everyone is having a great time. I just found your blog. I still have a hard time doing audio books unless I am in the car but you got me thinking I could crochet and "read" at the same time,
Have a great day.
Kim