Wednesday, 28 July 2010

Felty Goodness

After I got my Felties book on Friday I was more than a little bit disappointed that my stash of felt was so tiny so I only tried a couple of the cuties in the book.


 But look what arrived in this mornings post from the lovely Annie at The Felt Fairy. 


 What a lovely cheery rainbow of felts just waiting for me to start cutting, decorating and stitching them.
In the meantime though I've really got stuck into making these babies.


 Eventually I'll stitch them all together and make a throw for one of my sofa's,I've made 35 so far and I'm estimating I'll need about 20 billion (well ok a few hundred). So it should be finished sometime in about 2025!

Its our last official craft night before Ruby's wedding tonight so no doubt it will a frenzy of last minute projectsand I've got to get up at stupid O'clock to go to Manchester Airport as Mica is flying home overnight, I just can't believe its a whole month since she went!


Em xxx

10 comments:

Kathryn said...

That felt book looks adorable, can't wait to see pics of some finished minis! :)

Valula Hedgehog said...

Hey Em, I bet you are secretly looking forward to getting up at an ungodly hour...it'll be worth it :-D

Emma

Little Messy Missy said...

I love the little quilt squares, hexagons...or what ever you call them. The colors are fabulous!!!!

lauren carney said...

oh my my your blog is a bit on the lovely side of things!
i enjoy your gazing at the pretty pictures ever so much. x

The Girl said...

Wait has it really been a month?! Oh my god!

Hope the final wedding crafting frenzy went well.

The hexagons are super beautiful, something else for me to add to my list of things to try.

Sue said...

The crochet is looking good, I've got about the same number of squares done as you. Hope last night went well and everything is on track with the preparations.

Amanda said...

That month's gone so quickly, hasn't it? Love your hexxies. It'll be so worth all the work when you're snuggled up under that blanket. Enjoy your reunion Em. Lots of love, Amanda xxx

Kandi said...

I cant wait to see the finished throw, those hexies are fantastic!
Kandi x

The English Writer said...

Em, what fantastic colours, I cannot wait to see the finished procudt, even if it is 2025!!!

A tale from toadstool house said...

hi Em,I found your blog through blog hopping from Laalaa's.I love the hexies your making,beautiful colours.Your blog is lovely too!take care,juliex