Friday, 9 July 2010

Craft Night, Tribute Night and a Very Pretty Sunset.

Wednesday night was our regular craft night happening for the first time in a couple as We've all been busy doing various other things recently.
So this week it was a huge wedding planning meeting as Ruby's wedding is now less than a month away and theres still lots to do.
Her dress is looking good and her headress is gorgeous but thats all I can say!


 Sometime about 9.30pm that same night Ruby's fiancee Daz called us outside to see the sunset...the sky was absolutely spectacular, shades of blue and lilac then deep pink and red!




We missed Mica at craft night but she's having loads of fun in the USA so I'm guessing she hasn't missed us one bit, she did mention on the phone that she'd bought me some 'peaches and creme' yarn..YAY!!
But my oldest daughter Kia is home for the summer now so she is joining us on Wednesday nights...this week she tried her hand at embroidery for the very first time!


Tonight We've been to see a 'Neil Diamond' tribute act called 'Neil Diamondo' who was pretty rubbish to be honest he only performed 4 songs!
But the 80's tribute band who played afterwards were brilliant...I even got up to dance along to some old faves (actually thats a complete lie, one of the songs I danced to was Rick Astley's 'Never Gonna Give You Up' which I didn't like back when and I still don't like much).
It was all in aid of Cystic Fibrosis an illness which until tonight I really didn't know very much about, I really hope the event raised lots of money for the continued research into this condition as I can't even begin to imagine how terrible it must be to live with or to live with a child suffering from it.
Anyways I'm going away for the weekend to a place called 'Sixpenny Handley' which I believe is where Wiltshire, Hampshire and Dorset meet...So hope everyone has a lovely weekend and I'll catch up on Monday.
Em xxx

10 comments:

Kia said...

Mum,
You forgot to mention how awesome my embroidery is looking!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxx

Jill said...

Hi - what a beautiful sunset. My camera wouldn't have captured it so well.

I love embroidery - is your daughter now hooked?

Rick Astley - OMG, I've got very bad fashion memories coming back to me now.

Sorry your one and only Welsh experience was so traumatic - hopefully you'll return one day. We didn't venture very far into Wales, but we passed some lovely little places.

Enjoy your weekend away.
Jill x

Amanda said...

Hi Em! What a lovely week you had! Isn't it great getting together with friends and family for a bit of crafting? Lots of love, Amanda xxx

Kandi said...

Em it looks like a lovely time was had by all and special mention must be given to Kia's awesome embroidery :)
Thanks for your kind words on my post yesterday.
Kandi xx

LaaLaa said...

Em, I wish I could join in your craft nights! Neil Diamondo made me laugh. :-) Where do they get them from? Have a lovely weekend. Lynda xxx

jacqueline said...

Such a wonderful night! I just love seeing such wonderful gathering. Gorgeous sunset photos! Have a lovely merry happy weekend and love to you!

Little Messy Missy said...

Neil Diamond tribute...omg...love it!!!!

Sue said...

That sunset was amazing. Glad the wedding preparations are going well. How's the bunting coming along? Hope you had a good weekend.

Sue x

michelle said...

Sounds like you had a great night and that sunset is stunning!!

And KIA your embroidery is looking awesome - awesomely what, I dont know, but awesome none the less haha.

As I say to my son, Harry, its not ALL about you!! haha. (He is 15, driving me mad and hogging the bathroom!!)

Anyway, I am having a Crafty Give Away over on my Blog if you fancy popping over and having a look:)
love
Michelle x

The Girl said...

Gorgeous sunset photos!

Looking forward to hearing about Sixpenny Handley!!