Thursday, 3 June 2010

Vikings, Ice Cream and Big Knickers!

As I'd mentioned in previous posts We went to York for the day yesterday, I love York its such a beautiful city with lots of historical interest which I always love.
But yesterday was a day for my daughter Evie and my youngest sister Hermione so We did plenty of child friendly fun stuff and I didn't go any where near the 'Cath Kidston' shop...not even when the strap on my bag snapped!
After an open top bus ride and a sandwich and coffee stop we headed for the Jorvik Centre.



Then after Jorvik more coffee for us grown ups and ice cream for the rugrats and onto the Castle Museum which I was very excited about as I'd never visited there before..

 
            Pretties in the 'Victorian Living Room' display.            


The living area of a Yorkshire farm house...just look at that quilt and the gorgeous screen by the bedside.


 My Mum was very pleased to see a Sixties display and wandered around pointing out things that she used to own or remembered including these very big knickers!!!! 




Does ice cream taste better from a vintage ice cream van...apparently so as it was advertised as 'Yorks No 1 Ice Cream'
 Em xx

8 comments:

winnibriggs said...

Sounds like you all had a great day and I'm in awe that you managed to avoid CK.....

LaaLaa said...

I want to live by you Em! Will you take me out next time?! I love the knickers. Just like mine. Lynda xxx

Sue said...

Sounds like you had a good day, I've always wanted to go to the Jorvik museum. Is it really as smelly as it is supposed to be? I love the farmhouse bedroom, the bed looks very cosy. Sue xx

VintageVicki said...

That looks a great day out :)

Amazing self control not to visit CK - not sure I could be that good ;)

The Girl said...

Aah York. So wonderful. Haven't been in the Yorvik Centre for YEARS. Need to put my tourist head on next time I go, that's the trouble when you become used to somewhere, you stop appreciating all the little things!

jacqueline said...

I love New York too! These photos look so fun!!I love the Castle Museum visit. :) Thanks so much for sharing this with us! Have a lovely merry happy weekend and love to you!

mangocheeks said...

I have never been to York and would love to one-day. Your entry has reminded me of this. Thank you for sharing. Looks like the kids and the the big kids had a good day.

Jody Fendick said...

Cool blog Emma (Dave x)