Monday, 7 June 2010

Swap Goodies and Yet More Yarn!

My very first swap parcel arrived over the weekend and I was so excited to recieve it, I was like a 6 year old on christmas day!


 I'm already thinking I'll use the gorgeous strawberry fabric and little zips to make some cute make up bags or little purses all coutesy of this lovely lady HERE ,thank you so much Simone.
I'll post a photo of what I sent in return as soon as I know she's recieved her package too.

A quick trip to my local yarn shop this afternoon found me yet again buying more delicious yarn, although this time I do have a use in mind for it.


 As I only popped in the shop to get my Gran some buttons for some cardigans she's knitting I only had enough money on me to buy 2 balls but I'll be back in the next few days for more!
anyway what I plan to do and infact have started is crochet loads of lovely coloured flowers to sew onto a denim bag I bought a few months ago, I was planning to embroider the bag but I know I'll never ever get around to finishing it if I do!
Have a lovely week.
Em x

8 comments:

Tracy Suzanne said...

Hi Em. It's been so long since I've talked to you. Aren't swaps just the most fun! Love the goodies you got. Can't wait to see more of what you do with all of it. Love your little crocheted flowers.

Hugs...Tracy :)

P.S. Thanks for sharing the giveaways on your sidebar. I'm heading to check them out now.

jacqueline said...

Such a wonderful package! Swap goodies are always lovely! Thank you so much for sharing your goddies with us. Have a lovely merry happy week and love to you!

Jill said...

Didn't you receive some great stuff?
I can't wait for my first swap parcel to arrive - it's so exciting. Plus, I can't wait to show the things I made for her. I'm particularly proud of one of my items. Just keep my fingers crossed that she likes the things I'll be sending her way.

The Girl said...

Loving the sound of the crochet flowers. Someone bought me a whole book full of instructions how to crochet and knit loads of flowers but I'm a little daunted at the moment!

Cheryl said...

What a lovely bundle to receive. I love the strawberry fabric. I've got some and have used it for my kitchen chair cushions. Looking forward to seeing what you make out of it.

Amanda said...

That looks like a lovely parcel of goodies! Love your little crochet flowers! Love, Amanda xxxx

Emma said...

Nice swap goodies, I love the fabric and I spy cute strawberry buttons.
Have a nice week and get your bum to London soon..The other Em lol x

Sue said...

Lovely things in the swap parcel. I really like the wool Em, hope you are going to show us the finished flowers.
Sue xx