Wednesday, 16 June 2010

My Unique and Lovely Gran.

I've not been around the blogosphere much this past few weeks..just a quick look now and again really because I've been pre-occupied by other things happening in my life.
My lovely wonderful gran has been seriously ill and finally fell asleep for one last time yesterday evening.
My Gran was everything and more that a Grandma should be...she was feisty but not fierce, she had an amazing sense of humour which lasted right until the last morning when she laughed at me for demanding the bacon sandwiches she'd forced upon me almost everytime I'd ever seen her in my life.
As I spent a lot of time sitting at my Grans recently I also spent alot of time crocheting loads of little flowers to cover a denim bag...

 





I could go on for ever talking about my Gran, I have so many funny and happy memories of her,but as she has been a constant in my life for over 40 years I'm not quite ready to let go and think about life without her.
Em xx

13 comments:

Becky/Skein Gang said...

Em-

I'm so sorry for your loss! Your Gran sounds like a wonderful woman (and not just a little like my own Grandma!) How lucky you were to have her in your life. Such a significant loss is never easy, but it sounds like you have amazing memories to surround yourself with. Take your time grieving and remembering; there is no hurry.

Many hugs to you,
Becky xxxxx

Twig and Toadstool said...

So so sorry to hear about your loss. It sounds like she was a wonderful soul. I've lost all of my grandparents and my father...while the loss does get easier with time, these important figures in our life will always be missed. Treasure your memories of your gran...it sounds like her spirit and spunk live on in you!
sending you healing thoughts and hugs
maureen :)

Mandy said...

So sorry to hear of your loss. I hope the wonderful memories you have of your gran will help you through this sad time and give you strength for the future. Take care.

Amanda said...

Em, I'm so sorry, chick. Sending you big hugs, Amanda xxx

VintageVicki said...

Em - I am so sorry to hear this sad news.

Grandparents are very special & its painful when they leave us.

I recently lost my Grandfather so understand how you are feeling and am sending you a big hug (((((Em)))))

LaaLaa said...

I'm so sorry Em. Thinking of you all. Hugs, Lynda xxx

Jill said...

She sounds like an amazing Gran.

Gran's are just the best people to have around when you're growing up. They're not as strict as your parents and will play and play and play......

I'm so sorry that you've lost yours.

Condolences to you and your family
Jill x

LaaLaa said...

I hope you're OK Em. Those Japanese crochet books are called Pretty Colour Crochet and More Pretty Colour Crochet. She only appears to have the 1 at the moment. Yes come and sign up for the film swap. There is a sign up post on my blog. Lynda xxx

Sue said...

So sorry Em, you were lucky to have her as part of your life for so long.
Sending you a big hug.

Sue xx

Taz said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Gran but I am glad that you had such a wonderful woman in your life. One day at a time petal (((hugs)))

Petit Filoux said...

So sorry to hear about your loss xx

Petit Filoux said...

So sorry to hear about your loss xx

The Girl said...

So sorry for your loss. Thinking about you x