Monday, 21 June 2010

Mess, Mess and More Mess.

Whilst I am one of lifes messier people I cannot stand any sort of disorganisation or upheaval in my life so this week whilst We've been fitting a new kitchen I've hated every minute of it.
When I said 'We' just then my sole contribution to the kitchen fitting was to hold a drawer front for about 20 seconds and moan lotsa about the mess, the water been off last night and most of today, the plumber taking too long etc etc etc.

 
  Coco checking out the contents of the cupboards stored on the kitchen table!



So to get away from it all I've tried to get out as much as possible this weekend.
My Mum very kindly invited us all up to hers for tea on Saturday evening where she cooked us a selection of delicious curries and a pudding called 'Eton Mess' which I've never heard of before but my Mum assures me is a very famous dish.
Anyway whatever it was delicious and I ate far too much.

               The kids worked off their curries by playing table football...



                         and jousting with brooms!

On Sunday when the really messy and inconvinient stuff got underway, in other words the sink unit came out and the water got turned off, I made a swift exit with Evie to my sister Ruby's house.
We spent a lovely afternoon lazing with her and her girls in her garden,which was marred only by Evies screams when she got bitten twice by red ants.

            Why have I never noticed Ruby's beautiful roses before?            
                                      
                               Lunch al fresco with Ruby, Poppy and Lola.

Anyway as of today the kitchen is nearly finished, sink plumbed in, washer and dishwasher fully functional again...just a few cupboard doors to hang and a few other bits and bobs to finish, then I can put everything back and paint the walls.

 Coco guarding the under sink cupboard contents current stored on my living room floor.


                                          Definitely a WIP
And finally
Last but certainly not least I want to say thank you so much to all the lovely bloggers who left me lovely comments after I posted about my Gran last week.
I truly loved and appreciated every single comment.
Thank you all so much.

Enjoy the sunshine.
Em xx

9 comments:

Taz said...

The kitchen will look fab when it's finished hon, I've been living through a bathroom refit for a month and half now - thank god I have a spare bathroom :)

An extra (((((((double hug))))) thanks for sharing with me. xx

jacqueline said...

Dearest Emma, so happy to know that your kitchen is nearly finished! I am sure it will look fabulous! I am looking forward to have a peek at it. I LOVE your mama's house...those Ruby's beautiful roses by the door are gorgeous! Such a fun time at your mama's! Have a lovely merry happy week and love to you!

Twig and Toadstool said...

Oh yes...there is nothing more stressful than a renovation...especially in an essential space like a kitchen!!
I want to put in new cupboards one of these years, but am going to have to settle for a paint and cloth reno for now!!
Good luck with it all...hope you post some pics of your lovely new kitchen!!
:) maureen

Amanda said...

Hi Em! Nearly there! It's going to be so wonderful when it's done! Isn't it great to have family and friends to rely on at these times. Love Ruby's roses. Lots of love, Amanda xxx p.s. Eton Mess is my favourite pudding.

VintageVicki said...

I don't think we realise how much our lives revolve around the kitchen till its out of order.

Eton Mess is lush - my favourite summer pudding :)

The Girl said...

Argh mess it drives me mad. MAD! Having issues with that at the moment with the place I've moved in to but that's a story for the blog I think.

Glad it's mostly sorted now and you can get on with putting everything in its rightful place!

Vintage from the Village said...

Good luck with the kitchen, I have never had to live through that saga yet- my motto is to move house quick ha ha !

Sue said...

The kitchen must be the worst room to do. Hope everything is as you want it to be when it's finished.

Sue xx

Jill said...

It's a pain in the arse not having running water isn't it?
I'm sure all the upheaval will be worth it in the end though and you'll end up with a lovely kitchen.