Wednesday, 23 June 2010

Hooky Eye Candy.


This little book arrived yesterday much to my pleasure as theres nothing like like some good old crochet eye candy to brighten my day up.


  I think this blanket is definitely one for me to have a go at later in the year, I learnt my lesson making a huge blanket in the middle of last summer...I fell asleep so many times sat under it whilst I was trying to get all the squares stitched together!



And I quite like the look of the little lovelies too, I might make some of these for my new kitchen, which since I mentioned it is progressing nicely if a little slowly, but to be honest whilst the weather is so lovely who wants to be stuck inside doing boring old DIY?
Not me thats for sure!
Anyway back to the book...my verdict is that its got some cute and easy looking patterns in it. It cost less than £5 from Amazon and I got it delivered with their super saver free delivery.
The only real downside is that some of the colours used in the photographs are a bit garish, but some nice soft muted shades should sort that out!
Em xx

8 comments:

Jill said...

That Afghan Blanket is beautiful - I really hope you have a go at making it.

What a fun little book, for a fiver as well = great bargain.

Jill x

Mousy Brown said...

What a great looking book! Sorry I haven't been to visit for a while - things have been a bit overwhelming recently, I am hoping they might calm down a bit soon.... I am so sorry to read your post about your Gran - she sounded like a really wonderful woman. It's lovely that you were able to spend so much precious time with her recently. Have fun with all that crochet, I look forward to seeing the results xx

Cheryl said...

There looks like some fun projects in your new book. I'm looking forward to seeing what you make. I bet you've already started!

Kia said...

Hey Mum,
Could you please make me some of the crochet fruit? it looks really awesome!!
I could make a head dress out of it!!
xxx

The Girl said...

That's a brilliant book, and only a fiver!

Looking forward to seeing what you make.

And hell yeah it's too hot to be doing DIY. It's too hot to be doing almost anything!

Sue said...

The Afghan looks good and I like the pot holders. Look forward to seeing what you rustle up.

Sue x

Taz said...

That blanket looks gorgeous, I really need to sit down and give crochet a proper go.

And we all want pics of your daughters new headgear with the fruit ;)

Kandi said...

I can't believe I have only just found your blog - it's lovely, right up my street. I am really sorry to her that you lost your gran, it must be such a hard time for you.
Kandi x
o ~ a little virtual hug for you