Wednesday, 12 May 2010

Wednesday Craft Night....Hi-Jacked By Lola.

We have a regular craft night at My sister Ruby's house on a Wednesday night, where We get together with friends and our various crafty projects, eat too many crisps and drink lots of coffee and talk (mostly about Ruby's wedding at the moment).
But tonight all wedding talk was outdone by Ruby's youngest daughter Lola showing off her new skill...

                                               Walking!!


and of course there was lots of cheering and clapping and ooohing and aaahing which Lola loved as she was feeling all hot and grumpy after her MMR vaccination today.


There were only four of us crafting this week but we still managed to bring very different projects with us...






I took my travelling crochet case as I'm making more little birdies for another of my sisters Jody.
Our friend Helen is making a patchwork quilt for her daughters 21st birthday later this year, she's using patches cut from her daughters old clothes thats she's saved over the years.
This week she used all these beautiful blue florals...





And Ruby is sewing her wedding dress!



We had a sneaky preview of it tonight and its looking amazing and still only in the early stages!
My daughter Mica came along too and didn't bring a project, unless you count browsing the internet for nice clothes for Ruby's wedding and chatting on Facebook!
But as always We had a brilliant night.
Em xx

13 comments:

winnibriggs said...

That is absolutely brilliant. My friend and I (We met at High School 50 years ago) meet every Wednesday for a crafting evening too. Can't actualy remember for how long but its great for a gossip and a laugh, as well as some work. I'm doing my Apron swap sewing at the mo and she's making a Canadian inspired quilt. Your friends fabric is lovely, do like pretty blues. And well done to your niece, she'll take some running after now!
Jenny

Jill said...

First steps - wow, what a great moment. I missed Violet's first steps (I was in the kitchen as usual), but her dad managed to see this great milestone. Thankfully one of us did.

What a great idea of your friends, to make a quilt for her daughter using fabrics from her old clothes - I wonder if she'll recognise some old favourites.

And, what a tallented sister you must have, making her own wedding dress. I wouldn't know where the hell to start.

The Girl said...

It sounds like so much fun! I want to come!! It's made me all excited for Stitch & Bitch tonight.

Can't believe your sister is making her own wedding dress - mega talented!

And that's a really lovely idea for the patchwork quilt for her daughter's 21st. Oooh I feel all misty eyed!

And go go Lola!

bekimarie said...

What a great way to spend an evening!
As for making her own wedding dress............ WOW!!!

B xxx

LaaLaa said...

What a lovely idea! I wish I could join you. I'd love a little craft evening. Lola looks like she's having fun. Yay for her! You sister's wedding dress looks great. What a talented family! xxx

Mika said...

I love that evenings. Beaing creative with friends is the best. Mika (www.mikascrap.typepad.com)

Valula Hedgehog said...

Sounds like a great way to spend an evening! Such talent in one room.... I too am jealous - he he

Valula

The English Writer said...

I so wish I could sew!! You ladies are so talented, K xx

VintageVicki said...

Hi

Your Wednesday nights sound good - our stitch & bitch group often ends up as a natter, tea & cake evening :)

Taz said...

Oh I wish I could come that looks like so much fun :)

Sue said...

Sounds like fun, I admire your sister for making her wedding dress. I hope we are going to get pictures when it's finished.

jacqueline said...

Dear Emma, such a like a very inspirational night with so much fun!! Your little niece is soo adorable! :) YOur sister is soo talented ~ making her own wedding dress! Have a lovely merry happy weekend and love to yoU!

Pretty Lace & Needles said...

I am very much liking these comments, in fact they all sound so lovely that they are all welcome to craft night, might be a bit far for some though haha x