Friday, 7 May 2010

Sneaking Off To....

Edinburgh..on a very early train tomorrow morning!
As my eldest daughter Kia couldn't make it home for Evie's birthday We decided to meet halfway between Barnsley where We live and Aberdeen where Kia is studying and spend a weekend together with Evie tagging along as well.
So Edinburgh it is...
I'm pretty excited as I've never been to Edinburgh except passing through the train station on my way further north or south.
So I need to pack something to amuse myself for 3 hours on a train..hmmm





Do you like my hooky travelling kit??
And as I've got a whole weeks worth of Ambridge goings on to catch up on I'm going to listen to a whole weeks worth of 'The Archers' on the train too.


Today I've most of the day pinning and cutting out billions of flags for the wedding bunting!
Now all I need to do is string the whole lot of 'em together!










While I was in a bunting mood I made some for Kia to hang in her new flat that she's got lined up for next year, all the flags in this are made from recycled (or is it upcycled?? I don't know the difference) materials..the only bits that are new are the pink I used for the letters and the tape, the rest are Evies old summer clothes that were a bit too worn to pass on to my nieces.








Hope everyone has a lovely weekend.
Em xx

8 comments:

bekimarie said...

What a great travel lit, I so wish I could get to grips with the crotchet hook.
I've also got lots of bunting on the go at the moment, I love how you've used all up-cycled fabrics for your daughters.
Havae a great weekend.

B xxx

Jill said...

Love the matterials you've picked out for the Wedding Bunting. It'll look fab when it's finished.

Enjoy your Edinburgh trip. Looks like you've packed plenty of things to keep you entertained on the journey.

Have a fab weekend with your girls. x

Valula Hedgehog said...

Cool travel kit! I love the portability of crochet :-)

Looking forward to seeing all that fab bunting when its finished!!

Hope you have a great weekend.

Emma

Sue said...

The bunting looks great. Hope you have a good weekend.

Ilix said...

Looks like a grat travelling kit. What will you make with it?

mangocheeks said...

Super idea to have some kind of distraction on the train journey.

Edinburgh is nice. Enjoy your time there with Kia. I hope the weather is kind too.

I really like the bunting.

The Girl said...

YES! Crocheting on a train. best way to pass the time ever. I crocheted on the train to Manchester this weekend and got lost in all the wooliness.

Loving all the bunting as well. I crown you Bunting Queen.

Muddy Puddle Crafts said...

Wow nice to see a colourful wedding cant wait to see the finished bunting, how cheerful !