Monday, 3 May 2010

Skip Diving and Some Bunting.

Im preparation for her wedding reception my sister Ruby has started clearing the land next to their cottage and has hired a skip to fill with all the garden rubbish they're bound to have!
Anyway as is always the case with skips..if you leave it unattended some one else will put their junk in it too...so imagine my joy when I discovered this little beauty on top of the pile in Ruby's skip..




It needed nothing more than a few dots of wood glue and a clean.

Still on the subject of the wedding as I mentioned in my last post I am chief bunting maker, so with that in mind I made and had approved by Ruby my proto-type white wedding bunting, so now all I need to do is make about 50 miles of the stuff!!
 Still in a bunting mood though I made some for my two little nieces...




Poppy was mildly interested in hers before it paled into insignificance next to the play-doh ice cream parlour I bought her for her birthday and Lola didn't even look at hers..but to be fair she's only 1 and was asleep at the time!
Hope everyone is having a nice restful bank holiday.
Em xx

7 comments:

Becky/Skein Gang said...

That table is CUTE! And I love the buntings. I will have to see about stitching some of these up for my kids. My daughter especially would love one.

Jill said...

Hi Em, thanks for visiting my blog earlier today and for your lovely comments.
I can't believe someone threw that lovely little side-table in your sister's skip. It's unbelievable what some people just chuck out isn't it? Well, it would seem that it's gone to a good home now :0)
I've just had a quick look over your blog and you seem like a very crafty lady, what with all the bunting, bag, and brooch making that's going on.
I'll be sure to pop back here again.
Jill x

Cheryl said...

I love the bunting. Children always love having something with their names on it, so I bet you'll find it put up in their rooms before long. I know my children would love it. Another item to add to my to-do list.

By the way, you made my day with your comment about scarecrow trails. Thank you!

winnibriggs said...

Lucky you, that table is fab. Love your bunting too. Good luck with the wedding one. As you will see from my blog I too am a bunting kind of person.
Jenny

The Girl said...

As if someone threw that away!! Ridonkulous.

The bunting is looking brilliant, now GO GO GO make the rest of it!!

jacqueline said...

Oh my Emma, that table is gorgeous! I love it lots too ~ such wonderful loot! I am looking forward to see that gorgeous bunting you are making for your sister's wedding. Such an exciting time! Oh and the ones you made for your little nieces are so adorable! Have a lovely merry happy day and love to yoU!

LaaLaa said...

Hi Em, that table is lovely! What a treat they left for you. Your bunting is gorgeous! Well done. I am planning on doing some bunting next. I hope it comes out as nice as that. Lynda xxx