Wednesday, 5 May 2010

Its Great To Be Eight!

Or at least thats what my youngest daughter Evangeline tells me..after all it was so long ago now for me I hardly remember!
Evie turned eight today and had lots of fun celebrating it...
This pile of presents first thing this morning....



became this pile of gifts and cards before We left for school!



'Cool I can make bombs now' were Evies first words upon opening the present containing her chemistry set!
And as She has the day off school tomorrow (her school is our local polling station) I've promised her a whole day of using her new sewing machine and conducting experiments eeek!!!
A small tea party for all the family children was the order of the day with the usual 'Doctor Who' cake...I would love to bake Evie's birthday cake but I just couldn't do The Doctor justice!






And finally We have a house guest for the next week or so...Hank!





Here He is enjoying a cuddle with Evie and Coco.
Em xx

15 comments:

winnibriggs said...

A belated happy birthday to Evangeline. Wow she had some awesome pressies.

Willow Decor said...

Happy bday!! I have been browsing through your blog and I am so impressed by how talented and creative you are!!
Have a great day!!

Becky/Skein Gang said...

Happy Birthday to Evie! It looks like she had a great day! My kids got the Avatar DVD and they love it.

Re: Softball-- it's a bit like baseball except the girls play it.

bekimarie said...

Happy Birthday Evie xxx
Love the chemistry set and Dr Who cake, my kind of girl.

Beki xxx

CraftyHelen said...

The kettle's on anf the cake is in the oven!xx

LaaLaa said...

Ah, happy birthday Evie! What lovely pressies she got! Great cake too. Lucky girl! xx

Vintage from the Village said...

Hi Pleased to 'virtually' meet you and Happy Birthday to your Evangeline. My daughter will be eight this summer.
No you are not too late for my give away. I think I will try and draw it on Sunday to give more people a chance who are busy during the week.
Will follow your blog too
Thank you
Sue x

Jill said...

A Big belated Happy Birthday to Evie. 8 is such a great age.

The Girl said...

Happy Birthday Evangeline!!! (beautiful name too)

Oh my god, day off school because it's the polling station - why did this never happen to me?!

Sue said...

Happy Birthday for yesterday,sorry I missed it.Hank looks a very handsome chap.

Tracy Suzanne said...

Hi Em! And a happy though belated birthday wish to Evie. I love both your names by the way.

I think of you so often and with Neil and my MIL home 24/7 I hardly get to visit anyone. I was so glad to see you come by. I wish everyone would leave for a whole weekend so I could get in some serious blog time. ha-ha. I guess I'll have to keep dreaming.

xxoo's....Tracy :)

Petit Filoux said...

Hi there!!! Thanks so much for visiting my blog, sorry it's taking me so long to acknowledge you and visit your own blog! Hope your little girl had a great day, that looks like a lot of presents to me! Right, I'm off to have a look at the rest of your blog now! xx

jacqueline said...

Evangeline is sooo cute and pretty! Happy birthday sweet Evangeline! Love those gorgeous gifts wrapping! Have a lovely merry happy celebration! Oh and a wonderful merry happy mother's day weekend! Love to you and yours!

Sue said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. Love the hair by the way, my eldest daughters' used to be that colour.

PinkLady said...

Hi Em! Thanks for commenting on my blog. I'm looking forward to the fabric swap.

Hope Evie enjoyed playing with her new stuff!

xx