Saturday, 1 May 2010

New Projects...(Should Be Old Ones..But Its New Ones)

I seem to have not had a spare minute recently...although I couldn't tell you what I've been so busy doing!
I just seem to have spent all my time doing little odd jobs around the house or trying desperately to finish one of my billions of 'works-in-progress' before I start any more.
Also I've been so incredibly tired in the evenings that I've been tucked up in bed well before the time I would usually sit down and write anything here...
So anyways excuses over now..heres a few projects that I finished this week and OK I started them this week too...





The crocheted flowers on the cushion were just an excuse to play with some lovely 'Twilley's Spirit' yarn I bought recently, the cushion itself was a lovely soft Boden skirt that showed off too many of my many lumps and bumps.
It was far too nice to part with so its got a new role in life now...a lovely squashy cushion!

My sister Ruby and her fiancee decided last week to bring their wedding forward by a whole year...eeek!
I am chief bunting maker so I really need to get to get to grips with my sewing machine so I've started playing about with it..making little bits and pieces etc...not brilliant by any stretch of the imagination yet but I'm slowly getting the hang of it.




I made the little bags for my nephew Elliott and niece Lola.
Elliott loved his and took it to bed with him...Lola threw hers on the floor.
Tomorrow is my bunting practice day, so hopefully I'll have some decent results to share with you.
Em xx

6 comments:

jacqueline said...

Emma, so happy to know that you finally found spare time! Time do fly by so fast even when your doing little odd work and jobs. Your crocheted flowers are gorgeous and i love the colors. I don't know hwo to crocheted so i really admire peepz that do! Congratz to your sister Ruby! I've always love the look and feel of bunting but have never made one. I am so looking forward to peek at the wonderful buntings you make! Oh and one last thing, those bags are soo adorable! You are really talened dear friend! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend and love to you!

Mandy said...

Oooooooh your crochet flowers on the new cushion are gorgeous!

Love the bags too! :)

Julie BB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie BB said...

You have been a busy bee!
I love your flowery cushion, very pretty indeed.

Sue said...

Good luck with the bunting. Know what you mean about time flying by. Life has been hectic, too busy to blog at the moment.

Kissed by an Angel said...

Hi Em, just popped by to say hello! Thank you for your lovley comment! Love the skip find!!! Are people mad!!! It's lovley!!
xxxx