Tuesday, 25 May 2010

Hooking and a Few Impulse Buys..

I seem to have lost my way with my crochet hook recently..these few little birdies have taken me forever to complete and I promised them to my sister Jody ages ago..anyways I'm going to embroider some eyes on them and string them all together on a string after I've finished blogging and YAY ME!! finished!


 So feeling that I needed to get my hooky vibe back I set out to browse a local yarn shop today and found this yummy stuff just sitting waiting for me to buy it and take it home...and cuddle it for a while too!


I don't know what I'll use it for yet but I think something for me...I seem to crochet endlessly for other people and never ever for myself.

Whilst I was in the yarn shop well actually its a craft shop I found a few other little treasures...

Isn't She a cutie..I got four of these all different...I can't wait to sew them, of course my girls have already laid claim to one each!


                                   And look at these babies..




 I can't resist shell buttons and I certainly couldn't pass these beauties by, sadly though I dropped them about an hour ago and I found all but one of them...hmmm probably gone forever like little things often do in my house!
Em xx

13 comments:

Kate said...

Cute birdies!! I have the sock yarn that is in the lower right of your pic. I'm going to start the second sock soon. It's my Mama's Monkeys on my blog sidebar. :)

jacqueline said...

Dear Emma, your little birdies are so adorable and pretty! I love love them and their gorgeous colors! It's so much fun to see your loot from the craft shop! That little girl is sooo adorable and those hearts buttons are pretty! Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you!

Mandy said...

Ooooooooh I love those buttons! So pretty! :)

VintageVicki said...

Pretty post:)

The birds will look even more gorgeous strung together.

Your fabric shop finds are great too - look forward to seeing the finished dolls. Pretty buttons too- hope you find the lost one.

Jill said...

The birdies will look fab when they're all finished up and strung together.

I'm lovin those colourful buttons.

The Girl said...

Oooh look at that wool - I love it!! I have some sock yarn too but I just look at it and call it my pretty, have no idea what to actually make with it!

Very jealous of your birdies.

The English Writer said...

Those buttons are gorgeous. I'm rubbish at sewing etc, but occasionally I get a surge of inspiration and customise a cardigan or something and feel rather pleased. Love the birds, when they're finished, please can you show us? Sounds great xx

Cheryl said...

Lovely birds. I am still struggling to learn to crochet. I can do all sorts of fancy knitting but can't even do basic crocheting.

Missing buttons and little things. Hmm. Have you got a family of Borrowers in the house?

LaaLaa said...

Lovely birdies Em. What a good idea to string them all together! Lynda xxx

Sue said...

Cute birds,love the buttons ( you never know the lost one might turn up) and that wool is amazing, can't wait to see what you do with it.

RoMashKa said...

Little hearts and birdies are so cute!

jacqueline said...

Dear Emma, came to visit you and also to wish you a lovely merry happy weekend! Love to you!

Mousy Brown said...

Love the crochet birds - a garland will look great! The yarn is gorgeous too - can't wait to see what you do with it :D