Tuesday, 18 May 2010

Happy Crochet-versary

Today is the one year anniversary of my learning to crochet..I remember sitting glued to the internet watching endless videos on you tube over and over until it finally just clicked.
My very first project was a blanket for my daughter Mica made with these lovely bright colours.



At first I was taking a good hour or more to make one granny square, so these took me ages, luckily at the time we had a free trial of all the movie channels on Sky TV so I sat and watched endless films whilst I crocheted.



It was finally finished in July whilst Mica was in the USA, I had to sew it together at night as it was too hot during the day when I was sitting under it sewing the squares together!
The day Mica came home after an overnight flight she spent a good part of the day curled up under it asleep after giving me the huge amount of Reeses Peanut Butter Cups I insist she brings back for me!!



So thats it..a whole year of crochet, a yarn addiction and an introduction to lots of other crafts I would never have thought to have tried!!

One last little thing though...
Look what I got yesterday...




How delicious are these??
Em xx

14 comments:

VintageVicki said...

Excellent taste in shoes ;) - I was torn between the blue & the green - opted for blue as they go with more of my clothes.

Love the crochet - is the next craft I want to learn this year.

LaaLaa said...

Conratulations on a year of crochet! Great shoes! I have got the cherry ones but would love the mint green spottly ones to. Never satisfied, me! xx

Sue said...

Love the shoes. Good for you with the crochet.

JIM JAM SANDWICH said...

Thanks for following my blog Em and for entering my giveaway. You're definitely not too late, the winner will be drawn on the 30th. Your crocheting is fab! Gemma x

Becky/Skein Gang said...

Awesome blanket! And those shoes are yummy!!

Cheryl said...

Love the blanket. I'm yet to learn crocheting, so a couple of months to make a blanket sounds quick to me!

The English Writer said...

Are they Cath Kidston pumps? They're fab. I've looked at them myself in a different design but it's hard to tell if they look good on, but they clearly do! cheers, Karen x

Taz said...

Happy anniversary :)
What a gorgeous blanket and I'm loving those shoes. Where did you get them from?

Next time she goes to get you Reese's tell her to get you some Peanut Butter M+M's and if you don't like them I'll happily take them off your hands ;)

Lindy said...

Happy Crochet-versary!

Love the blanket and the shoes! :)

Mandy said...

Happy anniversary! I have been learning for just a few weeks. I love the photo of your pile of granny squares. May i ask, what yarn and size hook you use? My squares just seem too flimsy and not thick and plush like yours! I am using DK acrylic and a size 4.5 hook. :)

Em said...

Mandy I can't remember what the actual yarn was called but I think it was an acrylic/wool mix, it was definitly chunky and I used a 6mm hook. I've found crochet in DK takes too long for anything bigger than something like flowers so I tend not to use it for big projects.
Em xx

Kate said...

Cool shoes and happy crochet-a-versary. :)

Mandy said...

Thank you for your advice, Em. Very much appreciated. :)

The Girl said...

Happy one year crochetversary!

Now tell me. Where did you get your joining instructions from? That's my next step and it's proving IRRITATING so any help would be much appreciated.

LOVE the shoes.