Monday, 31 May 2010

Better Late Than Never...

Another hugely busy week has flown by with me hardly having a minute to myself!
Then the weekend was just a whirl of parties that I didn't have time to think further than my next pair of earrings!
On Friday We went to a 'LOST' party at my Sister Jody's house to celebrate the end of the TV show Lost.
We've all been huge fans of it since day one so Friday night was a chance to get together and discuss the ending with each other and eat lots of nice food!
We had a quiz too which I'm proud to say I won.
Saturday night was our annual Eurovision party at my friend Helen's house where we chatted for hours ignored the actual singing bit of the contest and watched the scoring avidly as We'd each drawn a country in a sweepstake...and I won that too earning myself £10, which Evie has since talked me into spending on 'St Trinians, The Legend of Fritton's Gold' ,we watched this earlier tonight and my opinion of it is..hmmmmm
Then on Sunday We had a family barbecue at Harry's house and ate yet more delicious food and chatted even more!!


There were lots of good home made goodies on offer to eat..greek salad, potato salad, salsa and delicious chilli jam mmm.


So onto my craft for the week and I've just not had that much time to do anything much but I did make this little bag for Evie from Patons Smoothie DK and some of those gorgeous shell buttons I bought recently.




I'm going to visit the historical village of Saltaire tomorrow and then a full day out in York on Wednesday which I'm really looking forward too, hopefully I'll find time in the evenings to blog about both of these trips.
Em xx

9 comments:

jacqueline said...

Dearest Emma, sounds like a wonderful weekend! That 'LOST' party sounds so FUN and family barbecue ~ yummie! That is such a cute bag you made! Have a lovely merry happy week and love to you!

Twig and Toadstool said...

cute little bag!!
Maureen

Mandy said...

Gosh, what a great time you have been having! All those parties! Lucky you!
Such a cute little bag! :)

Jill said...

Wow - you've been a busy bunny.

I've never been to Saltaire, so look forward to reading about it.

York is alway wonderful. I've heard that the yarn shop has just re-opened on the Shambles - It's now called Ramshambles. Might be worth checking out. The art gallery is always a great place for a coffee and cake as is La Cremeria on High Petergate (Nr the Minster) - they do lovely ice-cream there too.

Enjoy your trips.
x

Amanda said...

Goodness, what a busy weekend Em! It all sounds lovely! You can't beat getting together with friends and family can you? Lots of love, Amanda xxx

Sue said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend Emma, I'm suprised you can still move after all that food! Hope you enjoy your days out. Oh, the bag is very cute.

Cheryl said...

I have images of you crocheting as you whizz from one party to the next. I love the wool colour. I bet Evie is wearing her bag everywhere. Lovely bag and nice use of those buttons.

LaaLaa said...

Blimey! You've been busy. Great bag! xxx

The Girl said...

Hurray for Lost and Eurovision parties!

Have a lovely time in York, I was there on Saturday, hope the weather is better for you than it was for me!