Monday, 12 April 2010

Spring Sunday

As a family We suffered a very sad loss late last summer and as I'm sure happens in all families different people deal with their grief in different ways.
My youngest sister is only 9 years old and she seems to have found great comfort in the church, so much so that she decided that she wanted to be christened.
So..as always happens in our family ...any excuse for a party! 
Honestly We can party with the best of them at any occasion, birthdays, weddings, funerals, the last episode of a favourite TV show...you name it,We party for it.
Not that I'd like anyone to think We're a bunch of drink sodden ravers...its all about great food and great company for us, a chance for everyone to catch up since they last saw each other. There's always tears and laughter and usually a bit of arguing amongst the kids!
So anyways..this Sunday was my lovely little sisters christening and epic party afterwards.
The sun shone for us and the weather was warm.
The food was delicious...
and the company was awesome...
I just love it when we get together as a huge group of family and close friends.




 There was lots of this.



  and lots of this!

It really was the perfect way to start the spring/summer season off and I hope the lovely weekend was the first of many more this summer.
Hope everyone else had a lovely weekend too.
Em xx



6 comments:

The English Writer said...

What a wonderful way to spent the weekend! You certainly had the weather for it. It's so lovely hear and see how everyone is finally able to enjoy a bit of Spring, hope it carries on! Have a great day Karen x

jacqueline said...

Dearest Emma, thank you so much for leaving such a sweet comment on my little bubble space and i am sooo sooo happy you did for it lead me to your wonderful cozy space. So sorry to hear about your loss late last summer but am glad everyone seems to have found some kinda comfort. That sunday party for your little sister looks wonderful and such fun! A perfect way to enjoy the wonderful warm sunny day! Have a lovely merry happy week and love to you!

Sue said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Hope you have a good week and thanks for telling me where the bag pattern came from.x

Mary Poppins said...

what a lovely time you all look like you are having :0)

I quickly wanted to pop on and say hello and thank you for your very special comments on my post it meant alot to me and thank you for leaving me lovely, caring words. Hugs to you too for your loss and know that I am thinking of you X

Mika said...

Looks like a lot of fun. Mika (www.mikascrap.typepad.com)

Emma said...

Looks like you had a great day..x