Thursday, 1 April 2010

More Messy Time!

If you remember right at the end of my last post I mentioned an idea that had been buzzing about in my head for a while now??
Well this week I've finally got around to acting on this idea and I'm so incredibly proud of the result...BUT..I found it really really hard to take an even halfway decent photo of it grrrrrr...

Anyways I got given an old mirror a few years ago in a rather tatty old brown wood frame,which I promptly sprayed a sort of silvery-gunmetal metallic colour which looked rather nice if a little boring on my dark red wall...
So I decided to fill in the 'troughs' that run around the frame with coloured beads and I'm just completely overwhelmed by how lovely it is...








And would you believe it really did get a good polish yesterday...but theres been too many sticky fingers touching it since I hung it up!
I hope you forgive my little bit of showy-off excitement but I l-o-v-e my beady mirror so much!
We are ready to enjoy a few days together as a family as our oldest daughter arrived home from university in Aberdeen yesterday with a friend in tow,our younger daughters have finished school and college now for the holidays, the easter eggs are bought (as are the easter cards but yet again neither written nor sent) and a party is planned for Saturday night...good times indeed!
Em xx

5 comments:

Valula Hedgehog said...

Hey Em - its very pretty!! You have every right to be proud of it :-)

Emma x

Becky/Skein Gang said...

That came out great! What an awesome idea. It's lovely!

Emma said...

Lovely to see your joining in the swap. Have a fab Easter..x

Sue said...

The mirror looks beautiful. Have a great weekend.

The Girl said...

Oh wow that's amazing! It must have taken you so long to do, you must have the patience of a saint!