Saturday, 10 April 2010

Look What I've Found...

A while back a good friend who works in a charity shop gave me a bag of old crafty magazines that would have otherwise been thrown in the rubbish bin.
I immediately put the bag under my desk with every intention of getting the contents out later on when I had time to peruse them.
Well about 9 months down the line and I've finally rememered they were there ...look what they are...

 

A huge stack of cross stitch goodies!!
Theres loads of interesting patterns and pictures and lots of food for thought.



Now I used to enjoy cross stitch when I was growing up, but then suddenly it became the uncoolest thing ever for a teenager in Manchester so I downed my needle and thread and never really considered it again until now...
But after looking through these magazines I have an irresitable urge to make one of these lovely pictures..



My progress so far is hampered only by my lack aida (I think) fabric, which a swift trip to Hobbycraft will sort out and my seemingly never ending crochet projects!
Em x

4 comments:

Valula Hedgehog said...

ThaTTYt is very cute! Although the doll on the left looks a little sad, maybe she'll be happier in yours :-). Enjoy the odd bit if cross-stitch too so I guess I must have been an uncool teenager who wasn't too far from Manchester either!!

Keep us posted on your progress please!!

Emma x

Becky/Skein Gang said...

I love that pattern. I used to cross stitch back in the 80's and I dabbled in it a bit when I was pregnant. I don't know if I could do it now without the aid of a LARGE magnifying glass to see my stitches. :-)

Sue said...

What treasure. I used to do cross stitch too but haven't done any for years, I always found it really relaxing but as Becky said not sure my eyesight is up to it now.

The Girl said...

I love the cross stitch. I do feel bad that I've neglected it of late to concentrate on the crocheting madness that has recently overtaken. Maybe the least I can do is get my folder out and look through the patterns I've pulled out of magazines.