Tuesday, 20 April 2010

Brooches.

I spent Friday night at my Mum's house and didn't take much yarn with me...aaaaargh!!!
So I decided to have a go at making a brooch from crocheted flowers.


I raided my little sisters bead box in exchange for the animal bead brooches!!



Of course brooches became my weekend obsession and I made a few more...







and it continued today too....



By this afternoon though I'd got a bit showy-offy and tried a couple in my lovely yummy new Twilley's 'Spirit' wool...
 Although to be truthful, I haven't spent  much time doing anything much this past few days except reading.
I'm reading 'Wolf Hall' by Hilary Mantle and its absolutely brilliant, I'm totally and utterly gripped by it.
Hope everyone had a good weekend and enjoyed some sunshine, My daughter in Aberdeen called about an hour ago to moan that it was snowing there again!
Em xx

1 comment:

The Girl said...

I am so NOT gripped by Wolf Hall. It's been tormenting me for two long months now. Just cannot get in to it but because I'm stubborn I'm refusing to stop reading it. Instead I just sit there and seethe through it with a perplexed look on my face!