Wednesday, 21 April 2010

Gifts.

Like everyone else in the world I love to recieve gifts of any sort, but the best ones are the ones you least expect.
So I've been more than happy this week with three unexpected gifts!
On Saturday I recieved this yummy book from my friend Julie over at Hotch Potch .






I just need to find a few undisturbed hours to get hooking some of these cuties!


Then on Monday I recieved a bag full of yarn and an old crochet pattern book...from the 80's I think judging by the fashions and hairstyles!








I'll need to dig out my old Duran Duran LP's whilst having a go at some of these retro lovelies. Although really in the 80's I wasn't a big Duran Duran fan, I was far too moody and full of angst, I spent my days listening to The Cure and The Smiths.


And finally just last night my little sis Ruby brought me a huge multi-coloured tangle of ribbons!!






I know they need to be sorted out and rolled seperatley but I just love the colourful messiness of the tangle.
Em x

6 comments:

Daffodils and Dandelions said...

You're Duran Duran comment gave me a good giggle, I could just picture some happy hooking to DD with big hair and leg warmers - excellent.

What lovely surprise gifts, hope they get the creative juices flowing :-)

Enjoy x

The Girl said...

I would love nothing more than to sit and untangle those ribbons. So satisfying.

That definitely makes me sound weird.

Kate said...

They are all such great pressies! Don't you love it when your friends get it so right? Happy making. X

CraftyHelen said...

Hi Em, thanks for stopping by my blog and for joining in the swap,xx

jacqueline said...

I love receiving and giving gifts! These goodies you received are amaizng. Those ribbons are lovely! Have a lovely merry happy weekend and love to you!

clare's craftroom said...

I love your colourful tangle too !