Tuesday, 16 March 2010

Round After Round...

I've managed a lot of good quality crochet time recently which is always a good thing!
Kia my eldest daughter was home from university on a flying visit, so We decided to spend all Saturday daytime crocheting and catching up with each other..this overlapped into almost all day Sunday and Monday morning before she left at lunchtime...





We were mostly crocheting our version of these little beauties Birdie Decoration.
from this Yumsville  blog.
A friend of mine suggested the slightly smaller birds and I thought they'd look lovely hanging together and that they'd make a change from chocolates or flowers for my Mum on Mothers Day.

Whilst clearing up a little bit in the kitchen today I was about to throw my huge stash of glass jars in the recycling ( leftovers from my obsessive jam making last autumn),when I remembered the hundreds of different patterns and pictures I'd seen on other blogs..in crochet books..in magazines etc of jars covered very prettily in their very own crochet jackets!



So..this took me a very speedy couple of hours this afternoon in which time I also caught up on the past couple of days episodes of The Archers and a few other interesting podcasts.The only thing now is..I'm itching to make loads and loads of these!
Em x

4 comments:

notesfromthefrugaltrenches said...

Those are beautiful! What talent you have :)

Kia said...

wow, mum I love the jar cover, please send me one and I'll send you your birds! xx

Sue said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, I love the birds and the jar jacket. I'm very new to crochet(read very slow) but I am enjoying it.

Valula Hedgehog said...

Hi Em -

Just discovered your blogs and have very much enjoyed what I have read so far - must go backwards and read some more :-)

Your hooky birdie are so cute! I made some recently, they are so quick and such good fun.

Looking forward to reading more from you!

Em xx