Monday, 1 March 2010

Little Rugs..

I was talking to my Sister on Friday night and we got to chatting about how We'd both like to try our hands at rugmaking,something I did a long time ago as a child when my Mum bought a Redicut rug kit and it became a family effort until it was finished.
Anyways this got me to thinking and I remembered these 3 little gems put away on a shelf in a bedroom...





 


These were given to us about 4 years ago by our Tunisian friend Adel's mother when we visited their family home.
We took gifts of Marks and Spencers goodies and lots of quintessentially English foody things ..including Marmite,which sadly seems to be hated the world over!
We came home laden with hand pressed olive oil from our friends family groves,home made harissa paste and these beautiful rugs,which until yesterday were stowed away on a shelf.
They're only small and intended as decorations rather than functional so I'm going to hang them in my living room.
Over the past few years I've come to appreciate how much a hand made gift means as since I begun to make things I realise how much effort and love goes into making something.
Em xx 

1 comment:

Kia said...

I didn't know they were handmade! they are beautiful and will look so nice on the walls! And it will stop the room looking homemade hehe

xxxxxxxx