Wednesday, 17 February 2010

Weekend in The Granite City.

I spent a long weekend in Aberdeen visiting my oldest daughter who is studying at the university there,my 7 year old came along too as she misses her biggest sister a lot.
Anyway We arrived there after 2 am as whenever I travel and where ever I travel theres inevitably delays..this time it was (and I'm quoting Scotrail here) 'Failed Freight' ??? I'm not too sure what that meant but it delayed us by almost 2 hours in a place called Laurencekirk,which until friday night I didn't even know existed.
But when we arrived tired and hungry look what waiting for us...

                                             Little choccy cakes...

A lovely big plateful of beautiful and delicious chocolate cakes..We tucked into a few each of these and then slept until until almost lunchtime.

Our weekend was full of shops and food and a trip to the cinema and a lovely walk to the beach..
 
New York Passion Fruit Cheesecake flavour!

 
 
A bit too cold too paddle..

 
 
 
Late afternoon winter North Sea!

 
 
Heading home.

and all too soon it was time to come home,the journey back was uneventful and everything ran smoothly and on time although I did notice this guy wandering about looking cheeky at Aberdeen train station!

 
Nosey..noisy seagull.

Hope everyone had as lovely a weekend as I did.
Em x 
 

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I used to go to school in Aberdeen for a couple of years, and I can't remember why, or what for, but I remember that I have been to Laurencekirk, how funny. What a small world.

Taz said...

OMG if only we'd found each other sooner. If we had you could have popped round to my house for a cup of tea and a cake, you were stranded were I live!! :)
Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog, I'm loving your blog, you are one clever wee hooker ;)