Tuesday, 2 February 2010

Sew Pretty...

So I finally decided that after 18 months and only 3 uses it was finally time to get my sewing machine out of its hiding place and get to grips with it...
Of course my visions of beautifully sewn goodies were nothing but delusions! It has taken me most of the past week to just learn how to thread it,turn it on and run it without constantly referring to the instructions!
But I think I'm sort of ready to go now...I've bought some cheap material to practise with and cut up a load of pretty but old and useless clothes to attempt to make a patchwork something with!!
I also bought some books to help me along..some a bit boring but very helpful and some just sooooo beautiful.......

 
                                            
                                         Dream Room....

 

                                                        Oneday Maybe.....
 
 
Dream on...
Well you never know..I mastered crochet so I might well get my head around the whole sewing thingy..I hope so!
I finally finished the Big Blue Ripply..I just need to sew or weave the ends in..a necessary evil that I just loathe doing,I just need a bit of spare time to do it in...
See you soon bloggy-verse xxxxxx
 

2 comments:

Tracy Suzanne said...

Hi Em. It was so nice having you stop by and comment at Cotton Pickin Cute. I'm just like you when I have time I love to check out the blogs listed on the blogs I like. You sure made me light up when you said you loved my blog name. I was trying to come up with something that would relate to my Southern heritage and would describe all the cute things I like out in blogland. I certainly wasn't describing myself. LOL. Garden Peas and Fleas is so original and cute. I love it because you can't forget it and no-one else has anything like it.

I hope you do get to visit the U.S. this year. I'd give anything to go to England. If you happen to come to Florida to go to Disney World or something let me know. I'm only a couple of hours away and would love to meet you. You have so much history and your landscape and building are so beautiful. Well I can dream.

I'm always up for a one on one swap if you ever want to do one.

Lots of hugs...Tracy :)

Lesley (Notesfrommydays) said...

oh I do love those Tilda books they are so yummy just to look at arent they?!
I only started sewing this year and although im no expert I will have a go at most things and usually do an ok job so stick with it!
Lesley x